"Dorito" Taco Bread Crust:
- 2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 8 oz raw cheddar cheese organic, grated
- 1 large egg organic free range
- 1 lb ground beef grass fed
- 2 tbsps chili powder
- ½– 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder (or 1/4 grated yellow onion)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsps oregano
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper optional
- ½ cup filtered water
- 3 tbsp salsa optional
- Salsa to taste
- Avocado to taste
- Organic Sour Cream to taste
- Black Olives to taste
- Cilantro to taste
- Shredded Lettuce to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
"Dorito" Taco Crust
- Combine all dry ingredients (including grated cheddar) in a bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk egg; then combine it with the dry ingredients.
- Knead the mixture with hands to ensure proper distribution of ingredients. Form the "dough" into a ball.
- Press it into a pie plate as evenly as possible.
- Bake until slightly browned (10-15 minutes).
- Set it aside and make the taco pie filling.
- Brown ground beef then and add spice mixture, water and salsa if desired. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Pour into the prepared crust.
- Top with shredded raw, organic cheddar cheese and bake at 350° F for about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving, then top with any desired optional toppings.