This healthy taco pie is very spicy! If you don’t like it quite so spicy, you can tone it down by using regular chili powder instead of the chipotle pepper powder. Enjoy topped with your favorite taco toppings, like shredded lettuce, tomato or sour cream!
"Dorito" Taco Bread Crust:
- 2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 8 oz raw cheddar cheese organic, grated
- 1 large egg organic free range
- 1 lb ground beef grass fed
- 2 tbsps chili powder
- ½– 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder (or 1/4 grated yellow onion)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsps oregano
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper optional
- ½ cup filtered water
- 3 tbsp salsa optional
- Salsa to taste
- Avocado to taste
- Organic Sour Cream to taste
- Black Olives to taste
- Cilantro to taste
- Shredded Lettuce to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
"Dorito" Taco Crust
- Combine all dry ingredients (including grated cheddar) in a bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk egg; then combine it with the dry ingredients.
- Knead the mixture with hands to ensure proper distribution of ingredients. Form the "dough" into a ball.
- Press it into a pie plate as evenly as possible.
- Bake until slightly browned (10-15 minutes).
- Set it aside and make the taco pie filling.
- Brown ground beef then and add spice mixture, water and salsa if desired. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Pour into the prepared crust.
- Top with shredded raw, organic cheddar cheese and bake at 350° F for about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving, then top with any desired optional toppings.