Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Patties
This delicious burger with a twist stuffed portobello mushroom recipe contains tomatoes, which are high in vitamin A and bell peppers–one of the best sources of vitamin C. You get to eat well, and grow healthy hair, skin, and nails with this recipe. Make this in your oven or throw it on the grill for a faster, more burger-like patty!
- 4 portobello mushrooms medium sized
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 6 - 8 kalamata olives sliced
- 4 leaves fresh basil chopped
- ½ small red onion diced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp course black pepper
- Goat cheese crumbles to taste
- ¼ tsp sea salt optional
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach optional
- Melt butter and garlic until tender.
- Trim stems off mushrooms and wipe off any dirt with a damp towel.
- Brush insides of mushrooms with half of melted butter and garlic.
- Sauté peppers, onion, tomatoes, basil, spinach (if desired), olives, and black pepper for 3-4 minutes with rest of butter and garlic.
- Meanwhile, grill mushrooms top up for approximately 4 minutes.
- Turn over and top with veggie mixture and cheese; continue grilling until cheese is soft.
- Bake mushrooms top up for 10 minutes at 325° F.
- Top with remaining ingredients and cook for another 20-30 minutes or until done.