Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Patties
- 4 portobello mushrooms medium sized
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 6 - 8 kalamata olives sliced
- 4 leaves fresh basil chopped
- ½ small red onion diced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp course black pepper
- Goat cheese crumbles to taste
- ¼ tsp sea salt optional
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach optional
- Melt butter and garlic until tender.
- Trim stems off mushrooms and wipe off any dirt with a damp towel.
- Brush insides of mushrooms with half of melted butter and garlic.
- Sauté peppers, onion, tomatoes, basil, spinach (if desired), olives, and black pepper for 3-4 minutes with rest of butter and garlic.
- Meanwhile, grill mushrooms top up for approximately 4 minutes.
- Turn over and top with veggie mixture and cheese; continue grilling until cheese is soft.
- Bake mushrooms top up for 10 minutes at 325° F.
- Top with remaining ingredients and cook for another 20-30 minutes or until done.