Kale, Arugula and Steak Salad
- 4-6 oz steak
- 1 tbsp steak seasoning of choice (garlic, salt, pepper, etc)
- ½ cup baby kale (stems removed, chopped and divided)
- 1 ½ cup baby arugula (chopped)
- 3 cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Wash and prepare the salad ingredients as directed.
- In a non-toxic saute pan (not teflon), over high heat, cook steak to preferred temperature.(Cook steak for two to three minutes for Rare, four to five minutes for Medium, or seven to nine minutes for Well Done.)
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice the steak into thin strips.
- In a salad bowl, toss together the chopped baby kale, baby arugula and the sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the salad, contents and sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Toss to mix.
- Transfer salad to a serving dish; arrange the steak strips over the salad then serve and enjoy.