Spinach Salad with Warm Turkey Bacon Dressing
- 1 package baby spinach (~9-10 oz package)
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 4–5 pieces organic turkey bacon chopped
- ¼ cup onion grated or minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp xylitol
- hard-boiled egg chopped
- mushrooms chopped
- red bell peppers chopped
- Put the spinach (and optional vegetables if desired) in a large bowl.
- Fry the turkey bacon in the grapeseed oil until crisp. Remove, drain on paper towels and chop.
- Keep the leftover oil in the pan and cook the onion in the fat for 2–3 minutes, and then add the garlic — cook for 15-30 seconds but don’t let the garlic brown.
- Add the vinegar and scrape up the brown bits in the pan.
- Add the salt, pepper, and xylitol. Stir to dissolve, and pour the dressing over the spinach.
- Top with the chopped bacon, and any optional toppings.