Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade
- 12 ounce package frozen unsweetened raspberries (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup xylitol
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 liter bottle chilled sparkling water or club soda
- ice cubes
- fresh raspberries (optional)
- lemon slices
- Combine frozen raspberries, xylitol, and 1⁄2 cup water in medium saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until xylitol dissolves and berries thaws and boil 3 minutes.
- Strain raspberry mixture into bowl, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Discard solids in strainer.
- Mix lemon peel into raspberry syrup in bowl.
- Chill until cold.
- Stir raspberry syrup, lemon juice, and sparkling water in large pitcher to blend.
- Fill 6 glasses with ice cubes.
- Pour raspberry lemonade into glasses.
- Add fresh raspberries to each glass, if desired.
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve.