- 1 lb grass-fed beef or bison rib eye steak
- 2-3 tbsp dried green and black peppercorn
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 medium garlic clove smashed
- 1 tsp tamari
- Crush peppercorn with back of spoon or in grinder.
- Mix with sea salt, garlic, tamari, and lemon zest.
- Press mixture all over steaks.
- Let marinate with this coating for at least a few minutes.
- Sear steaks by broiling in oven broiler, over the grill, or in heavy cast iron skillet on medium high heat, 3 minutes on a side.