Not Tuna Salad
Looking for something new and delicious to bring for lunch? Take along this great raw, meat-free alternative to tuna salad. Chickpeas are a great source of fiber and protein, especially if you do not eat meat, and sunflower seeds and olive oil will give you your dose of healthy fats. This fresh and tasty Not Tuna Salad recipe works well as a dip with celery or bell peppers, or as filler to your lettuce wrap.
- 1 cup chickpeas canned
- 1 cup sunflower seeds soaked 8–12 hours
- 1 cup almonds soaked 8–12 hours
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup celery minced
- 2 tsp kelp powder
- ¼ cup red onion minced
- ¼ cup parsley minced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- Process the almonds, sunflower seeds, sea salt, and lemon juice in a food processor until mixture sticks together in a ball. (You may need to stop the machine and scrape down the walls with a spatula.)
- Add the remaining ingredients and hand mix.
- Serve in lettuce wraps, endive leaves, or red bell pepper halves.