Looking for something new and delicious to bring for lunch? Take along this great raw, meat-free alternative to tuna salad. Chickpeas are a great source of fiber and protein, especially if you do not eat meat, and sunflower seeds and olive oil will give you your dose of healthy fats. This fresh and tasty Not Tuna Salad recipe works well as a dip with celery or bell peppers, or as filler to your lettuce wrap.
- 1 can (1 cup) chickpeas
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked 8–12 hours
- 1 cup almonds, soaked 8–12 hours
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 2 teaspoons kelp powder
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Process the almonds, sunflower seeds, sea salt, and lemon juice in a food processor until mixture sticks together in a ball. You may need to stop the machine and scrape down the walls with a spatula.
- Add the remaining ingredients and hand mix.
- Optional: Serve in lettuce wraps, endive leaves, or red bell pepper halves.