Mexican Vegetable Salad
Cilantro makes this salad better than any mexican salad you’ve ever had. You'll love the bright colors of this fresh take on mexican vegetables, and your body will love the nutritious ingredients even more. Bring this light, crisp salad to any gathering or dinner for a sure hit!
- 1 ½ cups dry black beans (can be substituted with one 15-oz can)
- 3 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 1 cup sweet red pepper chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh cracked pepper
- Juice from one freshly-squeezed lemon (avg 2 tbsp juice/lemon)
- If using dried beans, soak black beans overnight in water, rinse and drain.
- Combine salad ingredients.
- Mix dressing ingredients and pour over vegetables. Toss and coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.