Lime and Walnut Coleslaw
- 1 1/2 cup raw walnut pieces
- 1/2 medium-large cabbage
- 1 basket cherry tomatoes washed and quartered (optional)
- 3/4 cup cilantro or parsley chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Cut the cabbage into two quarters and cut out the core. Using a knife, shred each quarter into thin slices. Ensure they are thin and bite-sized. If any pieces look like they might be too long, cut them in half.
- Combine the cabbage, walnuts, tomatoes, jalapeño (optional), and cilantro or parsley in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the lime juice, olive oil, salt. Add to the cabbage mixture and gently stir.