Zesty Lemon Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts (or toasted pecans)
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ cup lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 2 tsp lemon zest freshly grated organic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper optional
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa in a fine strainer for a few seconds.
- Transfer to a medium saucepan, add 1 teaspoon sea salt and 1 1/4 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until water is completely absorbed, about 18-20 minutes.
- Transfer quinoa to a medium bowl along with the pine nuts, lemon zest, cumin, cayenne, parsley, and drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.