Healthy Pasta-less Potstickers
- 1 lb free-range ground chicken (if you can't find ground free-range chicken, cut organic chicken breasts into chunks [works best if you freeze the chunks for 20 min], then put in small batches into a food processor)
- ½ small onion chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger microplaned
- 1 small green onion chopped
- 1 handful fresh cilantro (or 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro)
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (or liquid aminos)
- ¼ tsp Chinese 5 spice powder (look for no sugar and no msg or preservatives)
- ½ shredded carrot
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Dash sea salt (to taste)
- Dash cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbap coconut oil
- 12 - 15 large cabbage leaves
For Dipping Sauce:
- 1 tbsp organic almond butter (or cashew butter)
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce (or red chili paste) (look for no msg, no sugar or preservatives)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic diced
- ¼ cup coconut aminos (or liquid aminos)
- ½ tsp rice wine vinegar
- Boil a large pot of water and add 1 teaspoon salt. Boil cabbage leaves until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Drain. Cut the large leaves in half, cutting away hard spine of the cabbage.
- Mix the ground chicken, onion, ginger, green onion, cilantro, coconut aminos, 5 spice powder, carrot, sesame oil, salt, and cayenne. Mix well.
- Stuff the cabbage leaves with the chicken filling and roll tightly, if possible, then tuck in the ends. Steam for 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a skillet. Add the dumplings in small batches and fry until golden brown. Turn and brown the other side.
- Mix together ingredients for dipping sauce.