Healthy Pasta-less Potstickers
These potstickers are perfect as a healthy snack or as an easy-to-prepare side dish to a well-balanced meal. The recipe includes organic chicken, aminos, and coconut oil, as well as other natural spices, like cayenne pepper for that traditional potsticker taste without the pasta. These healthy potstickers provide quality protein and healthy fats.Core PlanAdvanced Plan
- 1 lb free-range ground chicken (if you can't find ground free-range chicken, cut organic chicken breasts into chunks [works best if you freeze the chunks for 20 min], then put in small batches into a food processor)
- ½ small onion chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger microplaned
- 1 small green onion chopped
- 1 handful fresh cilantro (or 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro)
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (or liquid aminos)
- ¼ tsp Chinese 5 spice powder (look for no sugar and no msg or preservatives)
- ½ shredded carrot
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Dash sea salt (to taste)
- Dash cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbap coconut oil
- 12 - 15 large cabbage leaves
For Dipping Sauce:
- 1 tbsp organic almond butter (or cashew butter)
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce (or red chili paste) (look for no msg, no sugar or preservatives)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic diced
- ¼ cup coconut aminos (or liquid aminos)
- ½ tsp rice wine vinegar
- Boil a large pot of water and add 1 teaspoon salt. Boil cabbage leaves until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Drain. Cut the large leaves in half, cutting away hard spine of the cabbage.
- Mix the ground chicken, onion, ginger, green onion, cilantro, coconut aminos, 5 spice powder, carrot, sesame oil, salt, and cayenne. Mix well.
- Stuff the cabbage leaves with the chicken filling and roll tightly, if possible, then tuck in the ends. Steam for 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a skillet. Add the dumplings in small batches and fry until golden brown. Turn and brown the other side.
- Mix together ingredients for dipping sauce.