Healthy Oven Baked Chicken Nugget Recipe – Gluten-free Chicken Tenders
Kids love chicken nuggets and chicken tenders, but store-bought or restaurant chicken nuggets aren’t usually a healthy option. Some brands may be made with organic chicken, but are typically breaded with wheat breadcrumbs. Many other grain-free or gluten-free chicken strip recipes don’t have the same satisfying taste, have breading that doesn’t stick, and lack the crispy, crunchy texture kids love. This easy chicken tender recipe is tasty with only a few ingredients — bring them to your next neighborhood potluck or barbecue. Enjoy this healthy, gluten-free chicken nugget recipe that the whole family will love! Core Plan approved
- 1 lb chicken tenders (or chicken breasts) organic, pounded thin
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup almond flour
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in grapeseed oil and then in almond flour.
- Place in a glass baking dish and bake at 350° F for about 30–40 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Make a lemon butter sauce for a “piccata” style dish.
- Make chicken parmesan by adding organic spaghetti sauce and mozzarella.