Grain-Free Granola Recipe – Gluten-Free
- 2 cups nuts any combination of walnuts, pecans, and almonds – slivered work best
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup large coconut flakes unsweetened
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup erythritol (like Swerve) or spoonable stevia to taste, about 1 – 1 ½ teaspoons
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger (or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 organic egg white whisked until frothy
- 1 cup dried fruit (like unsweetened cranberries raisins, or dates, for Core Plan only)
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Take off heat and stir in ginger, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine nuts in a food processor and pulse several times to chop the nuts roughly. Transfer nuts to a large bowl. Pull out any large chunks and re-process.
- Add pumpkin seeds and coconut flakes to the nuts. If you’re using dried fruit, add them as well. Toss to combine then pour the oil mixture into the nut mixture and mix well.
- Whisk egg white and pour over mixture and combine with a spoon or your hands, making sure everything is coated well.
- Transfer granola onto baking sheet, spreading it out into one even layer.
- Bake granola for 20–25 minutes until dry and golden — watch it closely so it doesn’t burn. You may need to rotate the pan if it is baking unevenly.
- Remove the parchment from the hot pan and let the granola cool completely. The granola will get even crispier as it cools.
- When the granola is cool, break it up into chunks. It can be stored for up to two weeks in an airtight container.