Grain-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- 2 cups pecans
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 4 organic, pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup melted organic butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (sugar-free)
- 1/4 tsp stevia extract powder
- 1/2 cup water, unsweetened almond milk, or coffee
- 1 cup organic butter
- 4 oz stevia sweetened chocolate chips (no sugar)
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line a muffin tin with silicone cups or paper liners.
- Process pecans in food processor — pulse until they are meal, not quite as small as corn meal.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse again.
- Add the wet ingredients and process until well-blended.
- Separate into muffin cups (or small ramekins) and bake for 20–25 minutes.
- Gently melt butter and chocolate together in a saucepan.
- Pour the melted mixture into a bowl; chill for 2-3 hours.
- With a hand-held mixer, beat the chilled mixture until it is light, fluffy, and spreadable. Apply on cupcakes.