Almond Flour Bread Recipe- Grain-Free Bread
Regardless of whether you’re eating a gluten-free diet or have a wheat allergy, this grain-free bread recipe is a healthy alternative to traditional wheat. Our grain-free bread is tasty, sturdy, and holds up well. It is also very moist so it doesn’t crisp as much as “regular” bread when toasted. This recipe is great for those looking for a paleo bread option, too! Try it in place of Ezekiel bread in our Vegetable Strata recipe.Core Plan approved
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup garbanzo bean flour
- 2 tbsp garbanzo bean flour
- ¼ cup ground golden flax meal
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 5 organic free-range eggs, seperated
- ¼ cup organic butter, melted
- 1 tbsp amasai, plain yogurt, or organic heavy cream
- 4-6 drops liquid stevia (optional-to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, combine the almond flour, garbanzo bean flour, flax meal, baking soda, and salt. Pulse until blended.
- Add the egg yolks, butter, amasai or yogurt, and stevia (if using). Pulse until blended.
- Put the egg whites in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Pour into the flour mixture in the food processor and pulse (do not run) until the egg whites are blended.
- Spread into the greased loaf pan. Bake 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then cool the rest of the way on a rack.