Gluten-Free Pizza Dough Recipe
Try out this healthy pizza crust recipe that you can enjoy without the guilt. Customize your dinner creation by topping this almond flour pizza crust with your favorite maximized pizza ingredients, like bell peppers, eggplant, onions, and tomatoes. This recipe also makes the perfect gluten-free pizza base for paleo pizza lovers.Advanced Plan approvedCore Plan approved
- 1 ¼ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup ground flax meal
- ¼– ½ tsp kosher or sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda aluminum-free
- 1 egg beaten with a whisk
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp seasoning of choice (Italian seasoning or roasted garlic powder) optional
- Mix all ingredients together until they form a ball.
- Roll the dough into a ¼ inch thick pizza crust on top of a sheet pan lined with a silicone baking mat or piece of parchment paper. (To make this easier, top the dough with another piece of parchment paper when you roll it out, then peel off the parchment paper when you have it the way you want it.)
- Bake at 350° F for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Add your favorite pizza toppings.
- Return the pizza to the oven for another 10-15 minutes (this is a slow, lower heat pizza).