Simple & Healthy Beef Enchiladas Recipe
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- ¼ cup chili powder (save an extra 2 tsp on the side)
- 1 ½ cups organic chicken stock
- 6 oz organic tomato paste
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 2 lbs. grass-fed ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced or pressed
- 7 oz green chile peppers diced
- ½ cup organic salsa (sugar-free)
- 1 cup black olives chopped, drained and divided
- 2 cups organic shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package sprouted grain tortillas
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion
- 1 avocado chopped
- Make the sauce first. In a medium saucepan, heat grapeseed oil and ¼ cup chili powder for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken stock, tomato paste, oregano, ½ teaspoon cumin, and ¼ teaspoon sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook for 10–15 minutes. Adjust the seasonings as desired.
- After the sauce is made, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread a thin layer of the enchilada sauce into a 13x9 baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute ground beef, onions, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon cumin, olives, and green chile peppers. Continue cooking until the meat is no longer pink. Pour in the salsa and 2 teaspoons chili powder. Mix thoroughly and heat through.
- Spoon a little of the meat mixture into a sprouted grain tortilla. Roll the tortilla up and place in the prepared casserole dish (seam down). Repeat for the remaining tortillas using up all of the meat mixture. You may have some left, which you can save for a taco salad.
- Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas, sprinkle with remaining olives and top with cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until hot and bubbly.
- Top with organic sour cream, green onions, and chopped avocado as desired.