Sweet & Savory Salad
Who doesn’t love a sweet and savory combination? This delicious salad gives you the best of both worlds. Serve with organic roasted turkey or wild-caught smoked salmon to satisfy meat lovers.
- 6 cups organic mixed greens
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1–2 granny smith apples
- 1 cup walnuts, whole or coarsely chopped
- 4 handfuls blackberries (for garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup organic gorgonzola cheese (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp grated onion or shallots
- 1 small clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp spoonable stevia
- 1⁄2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- In a non-toxic (non-teflon) skillet, make the dressing by heating the grapeseed or coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions (or shallots) and garlic, then cook for about a minute.
- Add the blackberries and let them break down (about 1–2 min).
- Pour in both vinegars and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and add the stevia, salt, and pepper.
- Blend until smooth and add the olive oil slowly with a blender or food processor.
- If you want to remove all the seeds, strain through a mesh strainer.
- Place the greens on a plate.
- Add remaining ingredients as desired and drizzle with dressing.
- For a nice presentation, place apples, blackberries, walnuts, and turkey or salmon (optional) in sections around the edges of the greens.