Crispy Salmon Cakes with Red Pepper and Tomato Sauce
These crispy salmon cakes are great for lunch or dinner! They are a healthy Friday Fish Fry with a delicious, sweet tomato sauce.
- 1 can wild caught salmon drained (6 oz)
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 5-10 leaves cilantro garnish
- 1 tbsp red pepper finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup almond flour for dredging
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 organic egg cage-free
Sweet Red Pepper and Tomato Sauce
- 2 cup red pepper chopped
- 1 container grape tomatoes
- 2 green onions finely sliced
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Mix salmon, green onion, chopped cilantro, red pepper, lemon juice, first portion of almond flour and egg together in a bowl until well combined.
- Form 4 round patties, 2 inches in diameter. Spread remaining almond flour on a piece of waxed paper or plate.
- Coat patties in almond flour, pressing to form firm, well-coated cakes.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Pan fry cakes 3-4 minutes on each side or until slightly brown and crisp.
- Lay freshly fried cakes on a paper towel lined plate to drain before serving.
Sweet Red Pepper and Tomato Sauce:
- Put all sauce ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend to desired consistency.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat.
- Place one salmon cake on a plate, drizzle with hot sweet red pepper and tomato sauce, then garnish with a few leaves of extra cilantro.