Spanish Gazpacho Recipe – Cold Soup
- 4 plum tomatoes chopped
- 2 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup cucumber peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 organic red bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup red onion chopped
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1 medium garlic clove pressed or minced
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ avocado chopped
- ½ cucumber chopped
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves (whole or chopped)
- Place the tomatoes and tomato juice into a large bowl.
- Add the cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno, garlic, olive oil, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, cumin, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Transfer 1 ½ cups of the mixture to a blender or food processor and puree for 15–20 seconds on high speed.
- Return the pureed mixture to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours and up to overnight. Serve with any of the garnishes if desired.