These were born out of trying to come up with a healthy cinnamon roll recipe, abandoning the “roll” idea and opting for a muffin instead. These hit the mark for sure. You can also frost them with a healthified cream cheese frosting. They are great for breakfast, snack or dessert.
- ½ cup plain amasai (or organic plain yogurt)
- ¼ cup erythritol to taste
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp erythritol to taste
- 2 tbsp organic unsalted butter melted (or coconut butter)
- ½ cup organic cream cheese
- stevia to taste
- vanilla to taste
- coconut milk to thin, to taste
- Preheat oven to 310° F.
- Combine all the wet ingredients into a bowl and blend well with a spoon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and blend well with a spoon.
- Blend all the topping ingredients using a fork in a separate bowl.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan and fill the liners ⅔ with batter.
- Add small crumble of topping for mini muffins or about a tablespoon of topping for large muffins on top of the batter.
- Use toothpick or skewer to mix some of the topping into the batter (or just leave it on top).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center of a muffin comes out clean and the tops are starting to brown.