Chicken Curry Soup with Coconut and Lime
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄4 tbsp curry powder
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 6-8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut into 3⁄4-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1⁄4 tsp fresh ground black pepper or to taste
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (white and green parts) chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower riced and steamed
- 2 lime wedges to serve
- Rice the cauliflower and steam until tender and heated through.
- Meanwhile, bring the chicken broth, coconut milk, curry powder, and the jalapeno to a simmer in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chicken and simmer for about 5 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the lime juice and season to taste with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a serving bowl.
- Ladle the soup over the rice.
- To serve, garnish with chopped green onion and fresh cilantro.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed, to taste and serve with 2 wedges of lime.