Caribbean Chicken Recipe – 5 Simple Step Chicken
This Caribbean-style chicken has a spicy kick to it, and is sure to impress your family and dinner guests alike. Because it’s made with common ingredients, this Caribbean chicken recipe is easy to make often. It’s hard to believe something so good is so easy!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Coarse salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 14 ounces
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon
- 2 boneless free-range chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 small bunch Cilantro leaves coarsely chopped for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, chicken, and sprinkle in curry powder.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, stirring until the mixture has thickened and the chicken is cooked through (~15 to 25 minutes).
- Add coconut milk and stir until well combined, then cook for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, then garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.