Broccoli & Spinach Omelet
This quick and easy omelet recipe is a delicious way to start the morning. Not only are you getting a healthy dose of protein, but you're also adding the benefits of more leafy and cruciferous veggies into your diet.
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh small broccoli florets (cut into small pieces)
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ cup shredded organic mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet heat the first 2 tbsps of olive oil.
- Add spinach leaves and broccoli. Cook until crisply tender (4-5 minutes).
- Remove veggies from the skillet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together eggs, salt, pepper, and water.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Then, pour the egg mixture into your skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until omelette is set (3-4 minutes). [Lift the omelette slightly with a spatula to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath or flip the omelette].
- Place sautéed vegetables and cheese on half of the omelette. Then, gently fold the other half over the filling.
- Serve hot and enjoy!