Boneless Buffalo Tenders with Flourless Breading
- 2 packages organic chicken tenderloins (15-20 tenderloins)
- 2 organic free range eggs
- ½ cup finely ground almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp hot buffalo sauce (check for no MSG, no sugar and no preservatives)
- ½ jar coconut oil
- Sprinkle chicken tenderloins with salt and pepper. Dip into egg and then almond/coconut flour mixture. For best results, refrigerate for about 15 minutes after coating.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil to medium/high heat in a non-toxic (not teflon) pan (stainless steel, cast iron or ceramic coated).
- Gently place chicken tenders in the pan in batches, doing only 4-5 at a time. Do not crowd the pan to avoid splattering or burning.
- When the chicken browns around the edges, flip and brown the other side. (Breading will be very fragile so be careful).
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake at 350° F until no longer pink in the middle (5-10 minutes depending on pan frying).
- When done, they can be eaten plain or made into buffalo tenders. Simply sprinkle with garlic powder and drizzle with hot sauce on both sides.