Basil Chicken in Coconut Curry Sauce
- 4 organic, pasture-raised, skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 large red onion diced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups organic, full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp arrowroot flour
- 3 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger root
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut into 1-inch pieces and place in medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together all spices. Sprinkle over chicken pieces, toss to coat well. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or in fridge up to 2 hours.
- Add half of the chicken to skillet. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken and add remaining half; cook through. Remove from skillet.
- Combine coconut milk with arrowroot and carefully add to skillet. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thick and bubbly. Add chicken mixture, whole basil leaves, and ginger root. Cook 2 minutes more to heat through.
- Serve over wild rice (Core Plan only) and garnish with red onion wedges and basil.