Oven Baked Pesto Chicken Recipe
- 1 lb organic chicken breasts (~3 breasts/lb)
- 3-6 tbsp pesto sauce
- 4 roma tomatoes sliced
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Shaved parmesan cheese optional
- Sliced black olives optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken and place between pieces of parchment paper.
- Pound chicken to even thickness (approximately ½ inch) with a meat mallet.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper and transfer to a baking dish. Ensure the chicken fits snugly for best cooking with not a lot of extra space in the pan.
- Spread pesto sauce over the top of the chicken breasts and cook for about 20 minutes, then add the sliced tomatoes and parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through (about 15–20 additional minutes). Add sliced olives as garnish, if desired, and serve.