Asparagus Frittata- 1 Pan Easy Brunch
Everyone enjoys the beautiful look of asparagus frittata, not to mention the delectable savory taste. Use this tasty dish as the centerpiece at your next brunch or as a delectable, keto-friendly meal.
- 2 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 small yellow onion (or 2 small shallots) thinly sliced
- ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 lb asparagus (snapped at tough end, and cut into 1" diagonal spears)
- 4-6 large organic, pasture raised eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup raw organic gruyere or swiss cheese shredded
- Preheat your oven to 450° F.
- Gently heat olive oil in a 10-inch ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and salt, then cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are clear (about 3 minutes).
- Add asparagus, then reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook covered, until the asparagus are slightly tender, (about 6–8 minutes).
- Pour in the eggs and cook until almost set, but still runny on top, (about 2 minutes).
- Sprinkle cheese over the eggs and put in the oven to bake, uncovered, until the eggs are set and cheese is melted and browned, (about 5–7 minutes). You may want to turn on the broiler during this baking time to better brown the top. Remove from oven and slide frittata onto a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges and serve.