- 1 cup whole wheat flour (finely-sifted)
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp ground cloves
- 1⁄2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tsp ground allspice
- 1⁄4 cup soy, rice, or almond milk
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg
- 1 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line eight muffin cups with muffin paper.
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients, excluding raisins.
- In a blender, mix all wet ingredients.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Divide the mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove muffins and place on rack to cool.