One Pan Balsamic Chicken And Veggies
This is a great go-to recipe that is wonderful for busy nights or to use up any extra vegetables you have on hand. It also makes for great leftovers. As an added bonus, there is only one pan to wash!
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts organic
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 carrots cut into sticks (core plan only)
- 2 cup mushrooms
- 1 red onion chopped into chunks
- ⅓ cup grape or cherry tomatoes organic
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar plus more for drizzling
- ¼ cup avocado or melted coconut oil plus more for drizziling
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3-4 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Whisk.
- Place chicken in a bowl and pour balsamic mixture over the chicken and mix well.
- Put into the refrigerator while preparing the vegetables. (You can do this earlier for even more flavor).
- Chop all of the vegetables and place on the sheet pan (leave out the cherry tomatoes for now as they cook faster).
- Drizzle with a little more oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt/pepper. Mix well.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and move vegetables around so that you can fit the chicken in. Place chicken on the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and add tomatoes, cook for 10-20 more minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken.