Double up your veggie intake with this Roasted Veggies recipe. It’s a healthy side dish for any dinner, holiday meal, or potluck, and can be tailored to fit whatever vegetables are in season, and also can be seasoned many different ways. If following the MaxLiving Nutrition Plan, try mixing in carrots or sweet potatoes for extra flavor and breadth.
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic pressed
- 2 tsp fresh thyme finely chopped (or 1/2 tsp dried thyme)
- 1 tsp fresh basil finely chopped (or 1/4 tsp dried basil)
- 2 large red onions thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers sliced
- 1 eggplant (1 lb) quartered lengthwise then sliced
- 2 organic yellow squash cut into rounds
- 2 organic zucchini cut into rounds
- 15-20 brussel sprouts cut larger ones in half
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Whisk vinegar and mustard in medium bowl.
Gradually whisk in oil.
Stir in garlic, thyme, and basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss vegetables with the dressing; toss to coat.
Divide between 2 large rimmed baking sheets.
Roast until vegetables are tender and slightly brown around edges, about 35 minutes.