Greek Greens are great on their own sautéed in some olive or coconut oil, but for a more ethnic flair, this is a great variation. This recipe is Core Plan and Advanced Plan approved.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 red or yellow onion sliced into rings
- 2 lbs greens such as spinach, swiss chard, kale, or collards (ribs removed)
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup black or Kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- juice of one lemon
Heat the oil in a very large skillet that will fit all of the greens.
Sauté the onion until softens.
Add greens and sautée for 2-3 minutes.
Add lemon juice, lemon peel, salt, pepper, and olives and cook for a few minutes more to combine.
Add crumbled feta and stir. Serve immediately.