Easy Hobo Packs
The best easy way to make a fun and tasty meal is the Hobo Pack. This is a baked tin-foil packet full of tasty veggies and grass-fed beef (or chicken). You can make them quickly and have fun!
- 2 lbs grass fed ground beef
- 1 head organic cauliflower cut into florets
- 5-6 organic carrots chopped into coins
- 2 organic onions chopped into chunks
- 3 stalks organic celery chopped into chunks
- 1-2 organic red or green bell peppers chopped into chunks
- 4 tsp salt & pepper
- 2 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 tbsp organic butter
- Liquid Aminos or Worchestershire Sauce to taste
- Aluminum Foil
- Parchment Paper
Optional–Mix & match meats and vegetables
- organic mushrooms
- organic red potatoes cubed
- sweet potatoes cubed
- parsnips cubed
- fennel sliced
- organic zucchini cubed
Add some salt, pepper and garlic powder to the ground beef and form into patties (you can make them as big or small as you want). Set aside.
Tear aluminum foil into squares big enough to fold into packets. Cut parchment paper to the same size as a lining to the aluminum foil (you don’t want the aluminum touching your food!)
Assemble the veggies on the parchment/foil squares.
Top with burger patties and sprinkle with more salt, pepper, garlic, liquid aminos, oregano and any other seasonings you would like.
Add a pat or two of butter and fold up the packets so that they won’t leak. Put the packets on a baking tray.
Cook at 350°F for 45–60 minutes.
Be careful opening, steam is hot!
Replace ground beef burgers with chicken