Vegetables au Gratin
Steamed veggies immersed in cheese will get your kid’s eating their five or more servings of veggies a day. Chicken broth is added for healthy bones and organic butter and cream cheese add healthy fat for growing bodies.
- ¼ cup organic butter
- 3 tbsp organic cream cheese
- ¼ cup organic chicken broth
- 1 cup organic cheddar cheese shredded
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded cheese additional for topping
- 2 cup steamed vegetables (such as broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, kale, spinach, etc.)
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, ~3 minutes.
Stir in cream cheese and broth and stir until completely combined and smooth.
Reduce heat slightly and add cup of cheese, stirring until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Remove from heat and pour over steamed vegetables into a casserole dish.
Top with additional shredded cheese and bake until cheese is bubbly, ~5 minutes at 375° F.