Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
This meat-free, vegetarian lasagna uses eggplant, zucchini, and homemade, zero-sugar pasta sauce to create a hearty, healthy meal. With protein from egg and cheese, healthy fats, and garlic and pepper, this vegetarian lasagna recipe boosts your immune system and metabolism.
- 1 large eggplant sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- ½ lb mushrooms sliced
- 3 small organic zucchini sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 organic red bell peppers
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 15 oz organic ricotta cheese
- ½ tsp pepper ground
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 26 oz pasta sauce (or homemade, check store jar ingredients – look for NO sugar)
- 2 cup organic mozzarella cheese grated
- 3 tbsp basil minced
Spread eggplant and mushrooms on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Place zucchini and red pepper on a second sheet.
Combine oil and garlic, then spread over both trays of vegetables.
Sprinkle both trays with salt and pepper.
Bake uncovered at 400° F for 15 minutes.
Turn vegetables over and cook until soft.
In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and egg.
Spread about 1/2 of the pasta sauce in a 9 in x 13 in glass baking dish.
Layer with half the ricotta cheese mixture, half of the vegetables, a third of the pasta sauce, and 2/3 of the mozzarella cheese.
Sprinkle with basil if desired.
Top with remaining pasta sauce and cheese. Cover, then bake at 350° F for about 40 minutes.
Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted.
Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.