Mashed potatoes are a delicious side dish to many meals, but they may not always fit into a healthy eating plan. Cauliflower contains high levels of vitamin C and fiber, and is an easy, healthy alternative to potatoes. Try this cauliflower dish that mimics mashed potatoes. You’ll be amazed how good it is!
- 1 head cauliflower (or several celery roots)
- ¼ cup organic butter (coconut oil for vegan)
- ¼ cup organic or raw half and half (almond milk or coconut milk for vegan)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp chives chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 celery finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic minced or finely chopped
Steam cauliflower or celery roots in steamer or small amount of water until tender. Drain.
In food processor, blend cauliflower or celery roots with remaining ingredients until smooth (you can’t get this smooth enough without a blender or food processor).