Everyone should have this chili recipe in their collection because it's the perfect easy chili! It is healthy, easy to make, and travels well. You can also use this recipe to make a fun taco salad. Just pour over mixed greens with your favorite toppings.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup onion chopped or grated
- ½ cup celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 1 can kidney beans or black beans
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 8 oz canned organic crushed tomatoes
- 1-1½ lb ground bison, grass-fed beef, or ground turkey
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and chopped finely (optional)
In a large, deep skillet melt oil and sauté onions, celery, garlic, peppers and jalapeno, until onion is translucent, (3-4 minutes).
Add ground meat, oregano, chili powder, and cumin, continue cooking, stirring frequently, (5-6 minutes).
Then, pour salt and tomatoes into pot.
Cover and reduce heat, then simmer for a minimum of 1 hour for best flavor.