1. Fletcher, J. What are the symptoms of low testosterone? Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322647.php. Updated August 1, 2018. Accessed May 7, 2019.
2. Tyagi V, Scordo M, Yoon RS, Liporace FA, Greene LW. Revisiting the role of testosterone: Are we missing something? Rev Urol. 2017;19(1):16–24. doi:10.3909/riu0716
3. Mulligan T, Frick MF, Zuraw QC, Stemhagen A, McWhirter C. Prevalence of hypogonadism in males aged at least 45 years: the HIM study. Int J Clin Prac. 2006;60:762-69.
4. Hardy K, Pollard H. The organisation of the stress response, and its relevance to chiropractors: a commentary. Chiropr Osteopat. 2006;14:25. doi:10.1186/1746-1340-14-25
5. Cinar V, Polat Y, Baltaci AK, et al. Effects of magnesium supplementation on testosterone levels of athletes and sedentary subjects at rest and after exhaustion. Biological Trace Element Research. 2011;140(1):18-23. doi: 10.1007/s12011-010-8676-3
6. Goldman R. Ten foods high in magnesium. Medical News Today. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/10-foods-high-in-magnesium. Updated July 26, 2017. Accessed May 7, 2019.
7. Pilz S, Frisch S, Koertke H, et al. Effect on vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels in men. Hormone and Metabolic Research. 2011;43(3):223-5. Doi: 10.1055/s-0030-1269854.
8. Holick MF. Vitmain D and Bone Health. J Nutr. 1996;126(suppl_4)1159S–1164S.
9. Barnes S. The Biochemistry, Chemistry and Physiology of the Isoflavones in Soybeans and their Food Products. Lymphat Res Biol. 2010;8(1):89-98.
10. El-Sakka AI. Impact of the association between elevated oestradiol and low testosterone levels on erectile dysfunction severity. Asian J Androl. 2013;15(4):492–496.
11. Ghlissi Z, Atheymen R, Boujbiha MA, et al. Antioxidant and androgenic effects of dietary ginger on reproductive function of male diabetic rats. International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition. 2013;64(8):974-8. doi: 10.3109/09637486.2013.812618.
12. Mareš A, Najam WS. The effect of Ginger on semen parameters and serum FSH, LH & testosterone of infertile men. Tikrit Medl J. 2012;18(2):322-329.
13. Ware M. Ginger: Health benefits and dietary tips. Medical News Today. Updated September 11, 2017. Accessed May 7, 2019.
14. Wallace AM, Grant JK. Effect of Zinc on Androgen Metabolism in the Human Hyperplastic Prostate. Biochem Soc Trans. 1975;3:540-542.
15. West H. The 10 Best Foods That Are High in Zinc. Healthline. Published April 19, 2018. Accessed May 7, 2019.
16. Hirshkowitz M, Whiton K, Albert S, et al. National Sleep Foundation’s sleep time duration recommendations: methodology and results summary. ScienceDirect. 2015;1(1):40-43. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sleh.2014.12.010
17. Leproult R, Van Cauter E. Effect of 1 week of sleep restriction on testosterone levels in young healthy men. JAMA. 2011;305(21):2173–2174. doi:10.1001/jama.2011.710
18. Herbert P, Hayes LD, Sculthorpe NF, Grace FM. HIIT produces increases in muscle power and free testosterone in male masters athletes. Endocr Connect. 2017;6(7):430–436.
19. Wideman L., Weltman JY, Hartman ML, et al. Growth Hormone Release During Acute and Chronic Aerobic and Resistance Exercise. Sports Med. 2002;32:987-1004.
20. Rengasamy R, Maran M, Sivakumar R, et al. Growth Hormone Directly Stimulates Testosterone and Oestradiol Secretion by Rat Leydig Cells in vitro and Modulates The Effects of LH and T3, Endocr J. 2000;47(2):111-18.
21. English KM, Pugh PJ, Parry H, et al. Effect of cigarette smoking on levels of bioavailable testosterone in healthy men. Clin Sci. 2001;100(6):661-665.
22. Yao QM, Wang B, An XF, Zhang JA, Ding L. Testosterone level and risk of type 2 diabetes in men: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Endocr Connect. 2017;7(1):220–231. doi:10.1530/EC-17-0253
23. Rivier C. Alcohol rapidly lowers plasma testosterone levels in the rat: evidence that a neural brain-gonadal pathway may be important for decreased testicular responsiveness to gonadotropin. Alcoholism, clinical and experimental research. 1999;23(1):38-45.
24. Ferguson, Meeker. Ferguson, Kelly K. Phthalates found in plastics could block hormone involved in sexual cognitive function. Endocrine Society. https://www.endocrine.org/news-room/press-release-archives/2014/reduced-testosterone-tied-to-endocrine-disrupting-chemical-exposure