Buffalo Chicken Wrap – Healthy Wrap Recipes
If your family likes buffalo chicken wings, they will love this healthy recipe. Make it for a party, while watching sports, or pack them in a lunchbox. This buffalo chicken wrap is a great appetizer that tastes like a chicken wing but without being fried in damaged oils and with the added bonus of the ultra-healthy cabbage.
- 2-3 organic chicken breasts poached and shredded (for a shortcut, you can use canned organic chicken)
- 1/4 head of green cabbage sliced very thin or shredded
- Hot sauce (buffalo wing sauce) to taste make sure to check ingredients to avoid added sugars
- 1–2 tsp coconut oil
- 4 coconut wraps (Pure Wraps) OR small bibb lettuce leaves
- Heat coconut oil in a non-toxic skillet.
- Add cabbage and saute until soft.
- Add chicken and enough hot sauce to fully coat the mixture.
- Heat until chicken is fully cooked.
- Take coconut wraps and cut them in fourths or small lettuce leaves and fill them with a tablespoon or two of the chicken mixture.
- If using the coconut wraps, wrap and put seam side down in a baking dish and bake for about 5 minutes in a 350-degree oven. Watch them because the wraps can burn easily.
- If using lettuce, just place them in a dish with the open side up (like a taco).