Broiled Tilapia and Steamed Veggies
- 3 wild-caught tilapia fillets (4-6 ounces each)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups steamed or roasted vegetables of choice per serving
- To prepare, turn on the broiler to low and preheat.
- Align an oven rack in the upper half of the oven about 8 inches from the broiler flame.
- Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil.
- Rinse the tilapia fillets and pat dry.
- Then lay the tilapia on the foil-lined broiler pan
- Season the fillets with the sea salt and black pepper, to taste, followed by the dried oregano and dried parsley.
- Drizzle each fillet with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and then sprinkle on a pinch of the fresh minced garlic.
- Place the broiler pan holding the tilapia fillets in the oven
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove from broiler, and immediately splash the fillets with lemon juice.
- Transfer one of the tilapia fillets to a serving dish, and serve alongside steamed or roasted vegetables of choice.
- Store the remaining fillets individually in freezer wrap, and store the wrapped fillets in the freezer to be used as directed throughout the 30-day meal plan.