Toxins are everywhere. Even with a healthy diet, you can’t avoid them. Nearly 70 percent of conventionally grown fruits and vegetables come with pesticide residues. 
Many other things we encounter daily – furniture, electronics, personal care products, and cleaning products – also contain chemicals that can create reproductive issues, hormonal imbalances, and other health problems. 
In America, there are about 12,500 chemical ingredients used in personal care products.  The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not require approval for cosmetic products and ingredients (except for color additives). 
Even our drinking water may be contaminated with arsenic, cadmium, and other chemicals that we don’t know much about. 
All of these things create a toxic burden that can overwhelm the body’s ability to detoxify.
You Can’t Eliminate Toxins, But You Can Minimize Their Impact
At MaxLiving, our focus is to remove the chemicals that interfere with health and support the body’s ability to naturally detoxify. To do that, you’ll want to:
- Minimize toxic exposure. One of our 5 Essentials® is to Minimize Toxins. You can learn more and download our toxic ingredient list here.
- Honor the body’s innate intelligence by providing the correct food, nutrients, and other support to properly detoxify.
6 Foods and Beverages to Effortlessly Boost Detoxification
The body’s detoxification pathways need certain nutrients to work well. The good news is that some of your favorite foods and beverages provide these nutrients. These six provide the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other nutrients these pathways demand to optimally detoxify.
- Green tea. This antioxidant-rich beverage provides a host of nutrients that protect against toxins. Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), an antioxidant in green tea, supports the body’s detoxification pathways.  Enjoy green tea hot or cold.
- Cruciferous vegetables. The compounds in vegetables like broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage support the body’s detoxification enzymes.  Our Broccoli and Cabbage Salad combines two of these A-list vegetables in one tasty dish.
- Berries. Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and cranberries are especially rich in ellagic acid, an antioxidant that supports liver health.  Get more berries and satisfy your sweet tooth with our Healthy Strawberry Parfait.
- Probiotics. A healthy gut absorbs the nutrients that the body needs to detoxify while eliminating toxins.  Specific probiotic bacteria can bind toxins from food and water, such as heavy metals.  Probiotic-rich foods include kimchi and sauerkraut. Our Sautéed Sauerkraut with Chicken Sausage makes a tasty way to get those gut-supporting probiotics.
- Fiber. Fiber can increase antioxidant and detoxification enzymes in the liver.  Fiber also helps bind toxins and eliminate them from the body. Fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds are great fiber sources. PurePath™ Fiber makes meeting your fiber quota simple.
- Whey protein. Sometimes called the master antioxidant, glutathione helps detoxify many, many potentially toxic compounds. Conversely, chronic exposure to toxins can lower levels of glutathione.  Whey protein provides good amounts of the amino acid cysteine, which help naturally build levels of this critical antioxidant.  Our Grass-Fed Whey Protein is the absolute best whey protein on the market, in delicious chocolate or vanilla.
The Right Nutrients Enhance Detoxification
Even if you’re taking the right precautions – doing things like buying organic, monitoring your air quality, and using “green” cleaners and cosmetics – you still have an increased risk of a toxic overload than people did even a few decades ago.
During each step of the detoxification process, the body depends on specific nutrients, including vitamin C and zinc.   Nutrients like milk thistle and N-acetyl cysteine can boost glutathione, which is critical in several detoxification pathways. 
These and other nutrients also protect against the free radicals that can overwhelm the liver’s ability to detoxify. 
Detox System provides the correct amounts of these and other nutrients to optimize the body’s detoxification pathways. This kit combines two of our most effective products, Body Detox and Cell Detox. Together, they provide a powerhouse of nutrients to support the body’s detoxification process, including:
- Fiber from psyllium husk, flax seed meal, and glucomannan
- Nutrients like peppermint leaf and ginger root
- Activated charcoal, which helps bind and eliminate toxins
- Gut-supporting probiotics
- Liver-supporting nutrients such as milk thistle that support the body’s defense against toxin-related free radicals
Looking for a product designed for every day detoxification? Use Max Cleanse. This comprehensive formula combines 26 science-supported nutrients that promote liver health, antioxidant support, and gentle cleansing.
Along with essential vitamins and minerals that also support immune health, Max Cleanse contains green tea extract, ellagic acid, silymarin, and other nutrients that help the body eliminate toxins. This powerful formula was designed to use everyday to provide the nutrients your body needs to optimally detoxify.
Whether you choose Max Cleanse or Detox System, you can feel confident that you’re getting the nutrient support that your detoxification pathways demand for a healthy weight, immune health, and so much more.
About the Author
Jason Boehm is a Chicago, IL-based nutritionist and science writer. He combines his two Master’s Degrees in Mass Communication and Nutrition to help others achieve their wellness goals through science-based, engaging written content.